03 May 2012

Fruity Breakfast Porridge

BY Unknown IN , , , , , , , No comments


Issac, aka Kochu, is 8 months now. He has started crawling and pulling himself up and exploring more parts of the house. Up till now his cruising was restricted to the lounge and our kitchen, but of late he has dared to venture down the corridor and sit outside the bedroom doors trying to decided whether or not he should go inside. Exciting times ahead!

Now onto today's recipe.Oats are a pretty filling breakfast for both bubs and adults alike. And with the added fruits my son loves the sweet taste. I prefer to use the rolled oats rather than those instant ones as they are more healthy. You can use any fruits you like. Issac really(I mean, really) loves his bananas. He will eat absolutely anything that has bananas in it! So as you'll notice, most of my recipes will have bananas in it :)


Fruity Breakfast Porridge
Adapted from Homemade Baby Foods

1 tbsp rolled oats
90 ml milk (can use breast milk or formula instead)
1/2 small, very ripe banana, mashed
1 small pear, peeled, cored and diced
1 tbsp raisins, chopped
pinch nutmeg (optional)

Mix together the oats, milk, banana, pear and raisins in a small saucepan over a medium heat.
Bring to boil, then reduce the heat to very low and cover.
Simmer gently for a few mins until the oats, pear and raisins are cooked well.
Sprinkle with the nutmeg just before serving.

Notes 
The original recipe uses water instead of milk. I prefer milk as it gives a more thicker and creamier texture. 
I used  a  soft pear(Taylors Gold) as they cook pretty quickly and are much sweeter than the hard pear variety..

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment coz I'd love to hear what you think about my blog and my posts. :)