02 May 2012

Getting Started

BY Unknown 2 comments

The inspiration behind this blog was  mainly  being in a foreign land with no parents or grandparents readily available on hand to help me raise my lil boy. I've had to resort to my imagination and also endless hours spent searching the net for recipes for foods I could give my son when he started solids.

To be totally honest with you, the only baby I have ever had anything to do with is my son! So as you can guess I was pretty LOST. My son, Issac, is a very fussy and picky eater and so not just any puree will make him open his mouth for the next spoonful.

Hopefully this blog will be of use to others like me who wish there was a place they could go and easily find recipes to make adventurous new foods for their babies.

My wee man, Issac, was never really fond of his milk/food, from the very beginning. We had a hard time getting him to drink milk, so I had to start him up on solids pretty early to make sure he was getting the nutrition he needed.

Initially I started him off on all the usuals like Raagi (Kurumpullu), Cerelac, Broken Wheat (Sooji Gothambu) and Banana Powder(Ethekya Podi).

Around 7 months, I decided it was time to start introducing him to more interesting foods.For a while I did try those processed foods you get at the supermarkets until the day I actually tasted one of them! Words couldn't begin to describe the ugly taste it left in my mouth. That explained the tantrums and tears at meal times.

So from then on I took to preparing Issac's food myself.I started him of with lots of fruits and veges like pumpkin and sweet potato(kumara) as I discovered he has a sweet tooth. Hmmmm.. I wonder where he got that from ;)

One interesting fact I learnt pretty soon was that babies like variety as much as adults do. So I try and vary the tastes and textures of the foods I feed him at least every two days, so that he doesn't get bored. As of late I have started seasoning his food with the likes of dried dill, thyme, black pepper etc and I must say I have definitely noticed some excitement!!

So here are some simple recipes that will take only minutes to make but will leave you feeling all happy chappy inside knowing that your bub is getting the best of the best.

Some of the information provided here comes from 2 of my favorite Baby Food sites called Wholesome Baby Food and Homemade Baby Food Recipes.You can find loads of information on these sites and they sure helped me a lot!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! and guess who is the hundredth person to like your blog? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha!! If I didn't know better, I'd say you actually waited to be the hundredth person to like my blog!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Feel free to leave a comment coz I'd love to hear what you think about my blog and my posts. :)